Platinum is one of the most commonly selected options when it comes to ring metals. There are many reasons why people select platinum engagement rings. If you are in search of an ideal engagement ring, consider these reasons to decide if you want to have a platinum engagement ring.
- Purity: Since Platinum is used in its pure form inmaking the jewelry, you can have a trusted purchase of platinum jewelry. Only a few of the jewelry items of platinum use metals like iridium, ruthenium, palladium, or other alloys.
- Rarity: Gold is a metal used for jewelry and it is of high demand because of its rarity. Platinum is rarer than gold and hence it will be a great experience to wear a platinum engagement ring. It is estimated that only 90 tons of platinum are mined every year for making jewelry items.
- Lasting Color: The color of the platinum rings does not fade. You will be able to wear the ring as if it is a new one, forever. This makes it a popular choice.
- Patina: Though the color of the platinum ring does not fade with time, there will develop a layer on the ring called patina. However, no two rings will have the same patina. Therefore, you can have a personalized platinum ring with a special and unique patina. If you like to have the ring without patina, you can remove it by buffing.
- Corrosion Resistant: Platinum is anti-corrosive and it does not tarnish. It will be a fair investment for a lifetime.
- Durability: Undoubtedly, platinum has high durability, which also makes it loved by many. The platinum engagement rings do not usually need any reinforcement. The strength of the platinum metal is suitable for ring prongs and hence is used more in rings featuring diamonds.
- Strength: Platinum is a stronger metal than gold and hence is usually preferred to gold. Gold is a soft metal and needs to be alloyed for usage in jewelry. Unlike this, the strength of platinum is sufficient to hold the center stone of the ring in the proper position, and it does not easily break.
- Hypoallergenic: Platinum often comes as the substitute for many other metals in jewelry because platinum does not cause allergies. Those who are allergic to some metals like copper, zinc, etc., which are used in alloying gold, can use it.
Platinum remains to rule the jewelry industry even now because of its quality and special features. You will not regret if you choose to buy a platinum ring, in your search for beautiful engagement rings.