The availability of a wider range of settings and styles may probably confuse you while choosing your engagement rings, especially if you are an amateur. In order to help you out with this, below are two unique diamond ring settings other than the standard prong and bezel settings.
This is the perfect option if you are looking for a stylish diamond ring style that offers a flair of classiness and elegance. Here, the center diamond will be held in place by means of the tensile force exerted by the metal bands of the ring from each side. This will create an illusion of the diamond suspended in between the bands. In addition, the craftsmen will give a tiny prong or grove at the edges of the shanks exactly underneath the diamond in order to add an extra layer of protection. However, buyers will not be able to see these grooves. Hence, the suspended appeal of the gemstones will be maintained.
- It offers stylish, modern, and unique visual appeal
- Since the maximum surface area of the diamond is exposed, it will reflect a maximum amount of light, and hence, will sparkle to the fullest
- It requires less maintenance and is easy to clean when compared to prong setting
- It will be really hard to resize tension set rings
- If hit real hard, the center diamond of tension set rings may fall out
- Only diamonds with decent carat weight will be able to set like this
This is one of the safest diamond ring settings. This type of setting is mainly used to organize tiny diamonds efficiently in a row on the diamond ring bands. Here, the diamond accents are inserted into the tiny grooves on the metal band so that they will sit flush with the metal surface. This type of setting will create the appeal of a band of continuous sparkle around your finger. Usually, stackable engagement rings or wedding bands that do not feature a center diamond are often set with a channel setting.
- It holds the diamonds securely in place and offer maximum protection from external shock
- It will lift up the overall appeal of the ring
- It will not snag on clothes or other fabrics since no prongs are employed in this style
- It will be difficult to repair or resize channel set rings
- It requires a good amount of time for cleaning channel set rings
- It will not show off much shine like prong set engagement bands do