Diamond rings are one of the most sought-after jewelry pieces due to their sparkle and beauty. Nowadays, they are available at different price points due to the availability of a wide variety of choices. This is especially true when you are buying them online, as online jewelry stores offer a huge catalog. In most cases, the price difference between diamond rings depends on the cut of the center stone. The purpose of this article is to discuss in detail expensive diamond rings; read on to know more about them.
The Worth Of Diamond Engagement Rings
The worth of diamond engagement rings is determined mainly by the quality of diamonds used on them. This is measured by the 4Cs, i.e. cut, color, clarity, and carat weight. Remember that evaluating these four qualities and evaluating the value of a diamond engagement ring can be a daunting task for an ordinary buyer.
When buying a diamond engagement ring, pay more attention to the cut quality of the stone. Many amateur or first-time buyers give more importance to the carat weight as the weight and price of the stone are easy to comprehend. Moreover, among diamonds, a round-cut diamond is more expensive than other cuts because of its exceptional brilliance. On the contrary, an emerald-cut diamond is demure and has a half mirror effect.
Expensive Diamond Cuts In Order
The following list will give you a general idea about expensive diamond rings.
- Round Brilliant-Cut: The round cut diamond is the most expensive of all, and this is mainly because of the increased loss of rough material.
- Marquise, Oval, And Pear Shaped: These types of diamonds are expensive because they are elongated, and this requires skilled cutting to maintain the ratio between facets.
- Asscher-Cut: These diamonds are pricier and may appear smaller than other diamonds of the same carat weight. So, you might want to buy a bigger diamond, and this can be costlier.
- Radiant-Cut And Princess-Cut: These diamonds are mostly rectangular or square-shaped. They are relatively cheaper because of reduced rough material loss.
- Heart-Shaped And Cushion Cut: Usually a heart-shaped diamond is 15% to 20% cheaper than a round cut diamond. A cushion cut can be called a combination of round cut and classic old mine cut. These cuts have good brilliance and easily fit the budget of most buyers.
- Emerald-Cut: The emerald cut diamond is the least expensive because it is simple and has fewer facets. It is popular because of its classic and elegant look.
We hope that this article gave you a good understanding of expensive diamond rings for engagement.